FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WEDNESDAY'S TODAYSNAY'S WEBSITE

Today i want to feature stand-up comic Geoff Keith's website. This is a kid who I think should get a little more play time. I saw him at UMASS Boston in the Fall of 2009. There were only about 50 people at the show because UMB is wicked good at advertising events (i found out about the show 45 minutes before it went on) so the crowd was small and was sitting inside a ballroom designed to hold hundreds. But this kid got onstage and lit up the room, he had everyone laughing, even me and I was all the way in the back corner. If I had to describe his style, I'd have to make a comparison which is good/bad. It's only bad because I have to say that he reminds me of Dane Cook. The 'good' is that Geoff Keith is what Dane would be if he had wit and not just a strong alpha-male presence coupled with on-stage energy. Geoff is very natural and has that class-clown kind of energy that can turn us all into giggling school girls. Right now he's acting on MTV's Disaster Date. It's pretty limiting but you can see the kid's natural comedic sense because the show is all improv. I think the show is hit or miss, some are OK and some episodes suck. he's played back up roles in films bit nothing on his terms yet. Like I said, he doesn't get much attention so there's not many clips of him, but this clip shows why he's good. From the instant crowd work, his relaxed attitude that relaxes crowds, and his way to work his joke into the moment. Very funny guy, Geoff Keith. I guarantee you'll see more of him on the big screen in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment