FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I WANT MORE REALISTIC ALCOHOL ADS

I don't think I've every casually drank vodka. I don't sit down in my armchair, pull out a leather bound book and then sip vodkas. Look at the Ketel One ads, a bunch of well-groomed guys, older business type sitting around... "Gentlemen, THIS is Vodka." Why don't they show what really keeps that business going. Show a bunch of 19 year old kids in the woods, sitting around on a stolen park bench looking at a fire, and one kid can barely stand and he's saying, "GUYS!!! Yuu gahtta chech isss out! Thizziz vodk--(PROJECTILE VOMIT)" Because that's what really goes down. Then there's the Heineken ads, "Make a name for yourself" I saw a guy at the bar drink Heineken all night and he ended up throwing up on a group of older women. Way to make a name for yourself puke-boy. And the Captain Morgan ads where everyone is arriving at the beginning of the party, and some fat guy is standing at the door taking everyone's car keys making sure no one drinks and drives. How about you make a sequel to that commercial where it's that party at 2am and that fat guy is polluted with alcohol and loads up the cars to go for a late night Wendy's run and drive into a tree, they can make that commercial's slogan "Got ALOTTA Captain in ya?" That's what needs to happen to make these more realistic, is to show the people AFTER alcohol consumption. And not after "drink-responsible"-consumption, because that doesn't even exist, I think it's an oxymoron. That's the biggest load of shit in all of marketing, Bud Light wants people to drink responsibly? What's that 2 beers a night? They'd go bankrupt! I'm gonna brew a beer and make the slogan, "Drink until you lose your sense of time" because that's how I drink and I'm not gonna perfume it with false promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment