FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Thursday, September 16, 2010

DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE THIS GUY?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9
I know I'm not completely insane, but when this Burger King "It's morning--I'm hungry--I'm going to Bk" commercial comes on I feel the urge to make chimpanzee noises and tackle my TV. It's just like that 1-877-CARS-4-KIDS commercial. As soon as I hear the first few notes I punch my car radio off. like I punch it until it's off--it makes me want to accelerate, turn the wheel and speed into a concrete embankment. I hate to say it, but Quincy's own Dunkin Donuts are the ones who started this whole friggin "annoying,-off-beat-songs-and-strange-looking-people-will-stick-in-your-mind,-thus-the-product-sticks" marketing craze. And maybe it's because my highly-evolved brain isn't susceptible to such low-brow marketing, or maybe it's because my brain is slightly chemically imbalanced --- but I spaz for the clicker and kick my car radio every time one of them comes on. Anyone gonna give me some love on that? And for my money, Geico is the best TV commercial going. Along with the old Snickers commercials: love,love,love that shot of the token-Asian gettin his Snick on to close it out. GENIUS-GENIUS-GENIUS!!! (also, did I just give Snickers "get ya Snick on" idea or what? When Am I gonna get paid for this shit?) Anyone got some solid commercials they want to share&reminisce over?

No comments:

Post a Comment