FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Monday, September 27, 2010

IF I DIE SOON, I WANT MY EULOGY TO BE AUTO-TUNED. BUT IF I DIE A LONG TIME FROM NOW, DON'T AUTO-TUNE IT.

Bedroom Intruder:





How do I never see these videos before the other 25 million people?  Thank god the Gooses Duece showed me this.  It's a song from the same kids who did Double Rainbow. 

This video has given me two revelations;  the first is that these kids are awesome.  Everyone involved, from the kids who have mastered auto-tuner to this Antoine Dodson  who gave them everything they needed on a silver platter.  From the spoken intro, to the hook to the chorus, to the refrain and to the cameo from his sister.   I think that this kid is the next Lil' Wanye, he probably faked this break-in just to become a rap star.  No way someone nails a live on-air interview like this, right?  Fucken awesome.

The second revelation is that this proves how easy rap is.  like this confirms it right? There is no arguing it anymore.  This could be a chart-topping club song and it's just an interview put through the auto-tune machine with a generic beat behind it.  I've always said that rap is just rhyming at a 3rd grade level, with the help of someone else's music/beat and a maybe a thesaurus.  Throw in some glittery, puffy clothes and some bling laid over a nice set of melons and you've made it.  and if you're songs not catching on: shoot somebody.  No press is bad press.

Also, the only way to truly appreciate this shit is to watch the original.  Like BigBadBillyG says, it adds depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment