FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Monday, September 20, 2010

I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM FANTASY BASEBALL

I know alotta things, but I don't what in the hell happened in my Fantasy Baseball League Semifinals matchup. My team, The JohnRocker AIDS Train, was rolling down a one-way track to legendary stardom. All I needed to do was to maintain a 9-5 lead over the weekend and it was mine, I was going to defeat the year's most winningest team. And plus it would have guaranteed a cash payout, and lord knows I need that wampum. But, what I say when it comes to Fantasy Baseball is that weeks--are won and lost on the weekends.....to tell this story; Let us set the mood for tragedy... . . . . . . . . . Yes, turn the lights off. and how about some imagery? . . . . . (^---borrowed/stolen from - arthawk87.deviantart.com) . . okay, nice representation of my current state if mind. Alright, below there are two boxes. The top box is the fantasy line as of the morning of Sunday 9.19 and below that there is the final line, the night of Sunday 9.19. W.T.Fuck? For starters, I worked from 10am-3am so all I could do was try and catch updates on my cellphone and at one point I was given a QS (making it 8-6), which basically meant I could not be beat. But then, like friggin Houdini was keeping score, it disappeared! it was just taken away from me? How, why?! Then, I notice that I only have 5 hitters starting (out of 11), who the shit gave the stand-down order? Because I ordered a goddamn code-red, Santiago! Then he steals a base on the last day to tie up the SB category. That team finished 8th overall in Total SBs, and this is coming from #3. Most importantly, note that the final score is a tie. 6 categories to 6 categories. But, since 4base riddim beat me 3 times during the regular season, the tie-breaker goes to him. Wouldn't a tie-breaker be better suited by the *current* week and not a week from April. The teams are completely changed since April, we're talking playoffs here! and don't think that Yahoo Fantasy Sports hasn't already recieved hate mail, I got time on my hands (obviously). But the sickest thing of all (I'm a total nerd, shut up I'll fight you) is that when you look at that final fantasy line...I lost my lead by .001 percentage of a Batting Average. If I had just another sniff of a hit I would have tied him in the category and skated to a 6-5 win, still a complete farce that it would have been that close but I would take it. .001, that tiniest percentage has consumed me. It is the narrowest margin you could lose the category by.....001.001.001.001 I've filled a legal pad just writing it over and over.001.001.001 I see it everywhere I turn. I stand at the counter at Dunks just mumbling it. .001.001.001.001 Now, this kid has owned the entire league all year. He has destroyed. He was like Drago. And I was like Rocky IV. I trained in the snow, I picked up heavy shit and threw it around my room, i ate a onion raw. I wanted this W. I even posted a league message that I was going to lead the slave rebellion over this team that has owned us all year, I renamed myself The JohnRocker SpartacAIDS Train, I'm not going to say it was my destiny, because that's a load of crap. I don't believe in destiny and fate, I make my own path. But my own path of self-determination was fucked up by someone else's destiny. You with me? And I don't care what that says about destiny & fate versus self-determination, I'M NOT SELLING OUT TO DESTINY! F.O.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment