FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MATT HARDIE--HOST OF ECLECTIC TASTE--BRINGS THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER

What I like about Matt "The Hard Man" Hardie's online radio show, The Eclectic Taste, is that he's not afraid to say what we are all thinking. Like this little gem from last week's show: "sonoffuzzy.com is probably one of the best blog sites I've ever been to." He goes on to say that I'm "cynical without being viscous or mean-spirited," I'm "very on par with the Daily Show and Colbert Report," and that everyone age 16-48 wants my nuts. Also, Matt hit the nail on the head when he said called me "The Zeus of Pop-Culture" (maybe I'm paraphrasing.) This fucken page is STEEPED in POP CULTURE, bout time someone noticed. The thing I love about Matt's show is the honest op/ed on music that he offers, he doesn't have to play the suck-ass Kings of Leon 56 times an hour. Plus his "Beer Enthusiast" bit is always pumping out great suggestions...and he gave me an awesome euphemism for 'a drunk.' "I'm not shitfaced, I'm just really enthusiastic from all that beer I drank." He's switched on when it comes to sounds and he puts forward some songs that really kick ass that I would have never heard of otherwise. Local bands, B-sides and tracks that simply got outshined by singles are his specialty. For example, Boston's own The Dirty Truckers song ;The Boston Wrangler; was featured on his last show and has been stuck in my head all week. Which brings me to tonight, if you are reading this on Tuesday September 21, 2010, and the 11 o'clock hour is approaching, then stop what you're doing right now, unless what your doing is going to http://www.dqrm.com/, if it is then just keep doing what your doing. Go there right now and click on LISTEN LIVE to hear Matt's show. Here's a pictorial: But don't worry if it's after 11 o'clock on Tuesday 9/21, just go HERE scroll down to TUESDAY and look for THE ECLECTIC TASTE and click on Last Week's Show to hear Matt talk about sof.com. If you can't remember all this in the future, just come to this page and I'll have his link on the right hand side so you can listen to Matt's show every week and then when he's crowned Boston's Rock Revivalist you can say, I used to listen to him before he got big. The Eclectic Taste With Matt Hardie The Eclectic Taste- hosted by Matt Hardie, brings you a delicate blend of the finest mixture of alternative, indie and overlooked classics. My show is done in a free form style modeled after John Peel and the rock stations of the 60s radio revolution. This show comes to you in a half hour segment that works to educate the everyday man and stimulate his unknown free thinking desires. I work to bring you music you have been deprived of in the past, and the half hour will leave you feeling spirited and buzzed, lusting for more. Some highlights include TV on the Radio, The Pixies, Arcade Fire, The Horrors, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Keys, LCD Soundsystem, and The Replacements, among dozens of others, with more being added every show. I try to find new bands that I haven't heard of before all the time, so please send me feedback if you have any to offer. Also featuring social ravings, local show listings and bands on tour, and our favorite segment, the revival of the rock, Where every week I pick an artist from a specific genre and time period that has been neglected on terrestrial radio in the past. Tuesdays 11 - 11:30pm THANKS MATT! keep playing the rock and the beer in stock

No comments:

Post a Comment