FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Sunday, February 7, 2010

DOES MILEY CYRUS THINK WE'RE ALL IDIOTS?

Miley's "Party In The U.S.A." was one of the biggest hits of 2009. I remember when I first saw the video and I just sat on the end of my bed glued to the television set. (And, No, not because of Miley. Despite how she's marketed as a sex icon she is like 14, but more importantly, she looks waaay too much like Billy Ray) No, I watched because the song is great, upbeat, and the video looks like so much fun I REALLY wish that I was there. Everyone is jamming, there's Asian twins, dudes just running around doing random back flips off trucks. Probably better I'm not really there, though, because I'd get too excited and I'd try a back flip and break myself and ambulances would have to come... But then something caught my eye... and I felt offended. Has anyone noticed that part of Miley's big party in the U.S.A.: looks VERY similar to Thunderdome: (and yes, Tina Turner wears it better) Miley, do you think we're all morons? You think we wouldn't notice this prominent error? Because, and I am NOT mistaken, Thunderdome is in post-apocalyptic AUSTRALIA, mate! So you are trying to tell me that part of your party in the United States of America takes place in Australia? Or are you being a Diva who thinks geography doesn‘t apply to you? "Mad" Max Rockatansky would be pissed. The Mad Max trilogy put Australia on the map! Possibly what offended me most was the nonchalant responses from some Americans who I tried to talk to about this. They said things like, “Who gives a ****!?” and "Get away from me, do I know you?”. Now this is what I mean by Americans being the “most entertained and least informed”. Does anyone pay attention to the junk you’re injecting into your brains? Take Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” as an example. WTF? That song is about a girl being date raped and it topped the Billboard charts. You might think I’m wrong but I am not. Because while everyone was busy going gaga over this song I did a little something called "listening". Read these lyrics: “I've had a little bit too much, All of the people start to rush., Start to rush by. A dizzy twister dance, Can't find my drink or man., Where are my keys, I lost my phone., What's going on on the floor? I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore. Keep it cool what's the name of this club? I can't remember but it's alright, alright. Just dance. Gonna be okay. Da-doo-doo-doo Just dance. Spin that record babe. Da-doo-doo-doo And just for the skeptics, let me take you to verse two: “How'd I turn my shirt inside out?” This line seals it, she’s putting her clothes *back on* and yet, just a moment earlier in verse one, she is clearly inebriated and possibly feeling the effects of some flunitrazepam -- or whatever those guys use….

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAowjjHgKks

    This might make you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete