FOLLOW THE FUZZ

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BOW-CHICKA-WOW-WOW


Hello Barbie Lezz go Partay!


I heard this girl talking on TV about how she wanted to create a life-size Barbie doll with to-scale measurements so that people could learn about eating disorders that spawn from little girls growing up with grossly unrealistic physical standards or something or another. I didn't really pay attention because once they showed images of the life-size Barbie I was struck by her beauty. Look at those long, spidery legs....her lush larger-than-her-own-head breastestesses.  I sweetly imagine her stumpy fingerless hands running through my hair.  Me wrapping my hand around her waist, all the way around.  I'd whisper sweet nothings into her tiny ears.




I was reading through the "Get Real Barbie Campaign's"  fact sheet and saw this little tidbit of information: "If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions."   Now that really gets my pendulum swinging, a woman who cuts to the quick.  


But perhaps the sexiest thing about Get Real Barbie is her discipline as noted in the Slumber Party Barbie of 1965's package which included a toy miniature bathroom scale that permanently dialed in on 110 pounds.  It came with a book titled "How To Lose Weight."  The directions inside?  Simple:  "Don't Eat."  BRILLIANT!  Preemptive weight loss plan, W-style.  


So let's help make this a reality, because unless I'm missing the point I think this girl wants to bring her to life.  And I call first dibs.  baby i'm gonna melt your plastic...


For more information, call the South Shore Eating Disorders Collaborative at 508-230-1732 or
visit the National Eating Disorders Association at www.nationaleatingdisorders.org

No comments:

Post a Comment